1646 Barrington Street
From the HRM planning commission:
Architect: C.A. Fowler & Co.
(now Fowler Bauld Mitchell)
Owner: Nasco Consultants
Built in 1950, this is one of the downtown’s earliest modern office towers and a typical example of
the international style in its formative years.
Its seven storey height, lightweight, steel frame, curtain wall construction, and busy, grid exterior of
aluminum and glass panels are notably out of scale and character with the late 19th century
streetscape which occupies the rest of the block.