This is an unusual 1940 O’Mahony. It looks like the diner was a fairly standard pre-war monitor roof Monarch model. The roofline looks like it was a square-cornered model, but a later-production one, after they dropped the trapezoidal transoms. With the remodeling and the imprecise nature of the linen postcard, though hard to be 100% certain of that. The postcard is from c.1955, so it’s entirely possible that the stainless over the windows was a later 40s or early 1950s update (along with other aspects of the facade), covering those windows for a more streamlined look.
What makes it really unusual is its siting and the treatment of the entry. It is sited as though it were a flatiron building, on a long, narrow finger of land projecting into a five-way intersection (hence the Five Point name), with an extended end vestibule, projecting three windows further from the beginning of the diner proper. The end-vestibule looks to have a combination of curved glass and glass bricks for the corners, but without a proper photo, it’s difficult to say for sure.
The diner has suffered at the hands of remodeling and usage change. The counter and fixtures are gone, but the original ceiling is still visible. The exterior has been bricked over and a peaked roof has been dropped overtop the diner, but the fantastic stainless front door belies the building’s diner pedigree.